Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Kreemo Interview

I was given the opportunity to interview 2 members of he Kreemo design team. Kreemo is an Atlanta based clothing line created by college kids like myself. Check it out....


Interviewee: Desmond Attmore Co Founder/ Marketing Director  & Brian Wright ( B.wrightous ) Founder/CEO


Wardrobe Fam: How long have you been designing?




 Brian: I started designing in high school first I would doodle on paper then I took a graphic design class in school were I refined my skills. My other Partner/Cousin (Head Designer) LaVan Wright has been drawing since he was in 5 years old he is the real artist in the group.

Wardrobe Fam: What is the meaning behind the name Kreemo?
Brian: The name Kreemo stems from a psychiatric ward in Queens, NY by the name of Creedmor. It basically means that when you are doing something different or out of the norm people might look at you as crazy. Only when your vision begins to fall in place will they understand.



 Wardrobe Fam: At what point in your life did you realize that a clothing line is what you wanted to do?
Brian: I came to this realization around my freshman year in HS. I would always go downtown Manhattan and spend tons of money on BBC/ICECREAM & Bape. And then one day I thought to myself I could come up with something better then this.



Wardrobe Fam:Describe the Kreemo brand in 3 words


Brian: Innovative, universal, Subliminal.


 Wardrobe Fam:What is your favorite brand?
Dez: My favorite brand is Kreemo hands down. I look up to other brands like Ralph Lauren, Bape, Original Fake, Supreme & Burberry. We have a lot of favorite bra

Wardrobe Fam: Who or what inspires you the most to create ideas for Kreemo?


Dez: Our inspiration is usually drawn from our surroundings. Something that may be going on in the world around us at the moment. Sometimes it may not be at the moment it we get inspired by old concepts also. It depends on the message we want to get across or how we feel at the time.


 Wardrobe Fam:How has your life been affected since Kreemo became popular in Atlanta?
Dez: Now that Kreemo has gained a major presence in Atlanta people have begin to show us more respect & love. Other than that it has opened a lot of doors for great opportunities.





 Wardrobe Fam: Word of advice for anyone interested in starting a design team?
Dez: My word of advice would be do a lot of studying on the craft you choose to engage and don’t be afraid to to be outside of the norm. You don’t have to drive in the same lane as everyone else, create your own.



                                     Check out more of these looks on www.kreemo.com

No comments: